Tuesday 8 February 2011

Auntie Burrows Patterns Now Available!

The pattern for the Auntie Burrows rabbit is finally available in Inside Crochet issue 15, which can be bought in the UK from Tesco and WH Smiths stores amongst others, as well as at selected stores in the USA, or downloaded from the magazine's website: www.yudu.com/item/details/280755/Inside-Crochet--Issue-15?refid=20144).  The pattern will also be available to purchase from me, here in my Etsy store from the beginning of August 2011.

The pattern for outfit is also available as a pdf - please visit *HERE* to find out how to get it.

I hope you will have a lot of fun making up your own Auntie Burrows and I would love to see photos of your work, which if you are happy for me to, then I will add onto the Gallery page.

UK crochet terminology is used throughout the patterns, but I am willing to help with conversion to USA terminology if this is difficult for you. I also offer free "crocheting support". If you have any questions about the pattern feel free to contact me and I will do all I can to help!

Best wishes from Auntie Burrows and Beverley ♥


 

5 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I will have to get hooking and make Auntie Burrows a little friend :-) We have just had a huge cyclone here and have had no power for a week. I discovered its hard to crochet in the dark and I lost internet so couldn't get my patterns :-( All ending on a good note as power has been restored and I am back in the blogging community....Hooray :-)

Ravenfeather said...

Hi there - I am glad you have got power back - I have been reading about the cyclone there and also that terrible flooding in Queensland. I do hope that the cyclone didn't cause you any, or too much damage.

You will have to post some pictures of your rabbit when she is done :)

Take care,
Ravenfeather

tari_sue said...

Hi, I absolutley adore your bunny and I'd love to make one for my niece in Australia. However, I'm having trouble finding the yarn. In the Inside Crochet magazine you say Sirdar Bonus Toytime is an alternative to the King Cole bounty, but that seems to come in 25g balls - do you have any idea how many I'd need? Sorry, I'm a novice and your bunny has inspired me to learn crochet!

Ravenfeather said...

Hi Tari-Sue, Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Auntie Burrows seems to be going down a storm and it is wonderful to know that she is being made all around the world. That is really nice to hear that her pattern has inspired you to learn to crochet. The exact amounts of yarn used were as follows: grey = 225g, white = 60g, pink = 125g. Unfortunately the magazine didn't quote me to the letter on the quantities, as King Cole Bounty is available as 250g and 100g balls. Any good quality acrylic yarn would be suitable and of course you could also experiment with different 'fur' and clothing colours for her. Best wishes to you - Beverley

Dawn said...

I bought this issue for the sole purpose of crocheting your adorable rabbit!

...and now that it is done -- it is MORE than darling!